The best tour you can take during your visit to Port Limon, Costa Rica. Come with us and enjoy our 6 in 1 tour with a professional naturalist tour guide in a AC transportation, who will explain you the most important aspects of the Afro-Caribbean Culture of Costa Rica and show you the rich wildlife of this fascinating region.
1) Limon City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Port Limon Costa Rica The country’s port excellence thanks to import and export traffic, The city’s old quarter has the characteristics of a historical center and is currently under urban renovation with restoration of buildings and a pedestrian walkway from Vargas Park to the market this city who’s founded in 1892. This region features a collection of cultural activities and traditions that is different from the rest of the country.
2) Coastal Highlight: Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Port Limon coastline during the bus drive to the different attractions
3) The Tortuguero Canals: Board your covered boat for a 60 minutes leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rain forest eco-system and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, many sloths, aquatic birds, bats and crocodiles as well as exotic flora.
4) Visit a Banana Plantation, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, becoming one of the most important economic activities in the region.
Note: In this tour we visit the plantations. No the packing houses due they are private properties and we are not allowed to get in. Our guide will explain from the side road about the activity.
5) Cocoa Plantation . Experience the cocoa plantation (farm). You will live a unique experience while walking through the cocoa jungle trail while learning about the history and science of the chocolate, you´ll enjoy a taste of the organic cocoa. Accompanied by a naturalist guide you´ll see tropical flowers, and medicinal plants, colored frogs, and get health tips this is the perfect tour for you.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: Enjoy different souvenirs stores.
7) Fortin viewpoint׃ A place where you can see the city from above and take pictures. Taking part of this amazing tour, you will become an expertise about the rich cultural heritage and ecological resources of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Don’t miss it…
Note: Our tours is 8:00 AM as departure time. However, if your ship arrives at 8:00 AM, we will move the Pick Up time to 9:00 AM. For ships arriving later, the pick-up time will be 30 minutes after ship arrival.
Time 6 hours
By 2:00 PM
What to Bring
Comfortable shoes, Camera, Rain Gear, Insect Repellent, Comfortable Clothes, Sun-scream, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Money for personal expenses. suggest to bring alcohol in gel for prevent Covid-19